Recently, I’ve gotten this question quite a bit; “Is now the time to buy or sell, or should I wait until after the holidays and winter season?”
This is a great question and here are some quick thoughts I wanted to share.
If you’re thinking of selling, now is a great time and here are some of the reasons:
- There will be fewer homes on the market which means less competition for you
- There will be more serious buyers looking this time of year because the “shoppers” fall off
- There will be folks looking to buy who want to close before the holidays and before the end of the year for tax purposes
- After the first of the year brings tax refunds, bonuses, and job transfers in many cases
- The spring market brings lots of inventory because everyone tends to think it’s the perfect time to sell which can drive prices down
If you’re thinking about buying, now is a great time and here are some of the reasons:
- Interest rates are on the rise, logically it makes sense to buy while money is cheaper, right?
- You can buy now and take advantage of any tax benefits available for doing so before the end of the year
- There is still plenty of inventory and if you look closely at homes that have been on the market for a bit vs the brand new listings, you may find a nice buy!
- Listing prices are still favorable
If you’re thinking of buying or selling we would love to help you get succesfully from one door to the next. Give us a call at 540-725-7727, text us at 540-312-0085, or email us at email@example.com